Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony For The Construction Of Mini Convention Centre & Development Of Rua De Ourem Creek Side, Panaji Goa at the auspicious Hands Of Dr. Pramod Sawant Hon’ble Chief Minister, Government Of Goa, Shri Manohar (Babu) Azgaonkar Hon’ble Dy. Chief Minister, Minister For Tourism, Sports, Printing and Stationery, Shri Dayanand R. Sopte Hon’ble MLA Mandrem Constituency & Chairman G.T.D.C. Ltd, Shri J Ashok Kumar IAS Secretary (Tourism), Shri. Uday M. Madkaikar Mayor CCP Panaji, Board Of Directors GTDC, Sr. Officials Goa Tourism.
On 20thGovernment of India, Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned the work of Development of coastal circuit II under Swadesh Dasrshan for an amount of Rs 99.35 Cr. The estimated cost of the project is Rs. 89.88 Cr. Mini Convention Centre with capacity to accomedate 1300 people, Exhibition hall with capacity to host 1500 people and boardrooms have been considered for development of MICE Tourism in the State. The project is proposed to be completed by December 2021. With completion of the project Goa is expected to get a big boost in MICE and the city of Panaji will be able to host mini convention for upto 1400 people.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION :
• Total Built-up Area of proposed Mini Convention Centre is 13965 sq.m.
• Seating Capacity of Auditorium :- 1320 Pax.
• Components covered in the project :
• Lower Ground Floor for services and parking.
• Ground Floor –
1. Exhibition Hall- 1525 sq.m.(529 Capacity)
2. Restaurant – 425 sq.m.
• First Floor –
1. Auditorium- 945 sq.m.
2. Seminar Rooms (2) – 250 sq.m. (Total).
3. Conference Room (2)- 185 sq.m. (Total).
• Second Floor –
1. Auditorium- 375 sq.m.
2. Seminar Rooms (3) – 370 sq.m. (Total)
3. Board Room – 185 sq.m.
4. Business Lounge – 220 sq.m.
• Terrace Floor –
1. Terrace Restaurant- 1480 sq.m
• Entrance plaza with Open Air Theatre, Landscaping & Gazebos.