Goa Miles is now Goa government’s licensed app based taxi service. GTDC invites all Goemkar Taxi Drivers / Owners / Operators to enroll their taxis under GoaMiles, this initiative is in the interest of Goan Taxi owners, tourist and local resident. Driven on absolutely ZERO fee from taxi owners for registration.
Following are the documents for enrollment process. This is very simple and hassle-free process
Driver Documents – Driving License, Aadhaar Card, 1 Photo, Mobile Number
Driver Cum Owner/Operator Documents – Driving License, Aadhaar Card, 1 Photo, Mobile Number, Bank Account Details, Email ID, PAN Card
Taxi Documents – RC Book, Valid Permit, Insurance, Fitness, Road Tax
There will be training given immediately after document submission and verification in daily 2 batches
A GTDC (Goa Tourism Development Corporation) Initiative, Running Exclusively for GOAN DRIVERS
GOAMILES differs from all the other taxi hailing apps in that it is GOA’s only ‘Income focused’ app that is wholly owned and run for the drivers without charging them.
GOAMILES hopes to revolutionize by integrating the much needed Mobile App into everyday practices of taxi drivers. To reiterate, there is no outside investment, just a solid workforce who, like yourselves, have an understanding of the business model.
GOAMILES was born out of the need for an app that was need of an hour to resolve pain points of Local Goan Taxi Drivers, Ease out payment to Digitally Inclined Tourist & ultimately create a robust ecosystem where everyone gets benefitted through Digital & Electronic way.
GOAMILES’s aim, with your help, is to bridge GAP in serving Customers/Tourists. We are bringing in with one thing in common, we will be knowledge trained TAXI DRIVERS. Whether it be a young gentleman who just graduated from the college or grey haired experienced man with zillion years of travelling experience. If you know GOA, then the GOAMILES cabbie is the one to become. Remember, we are all binded by laws governing the Road Transport within the state of GOA .
It is time for the taxi trade to be- once again- truly autonomous. We owe it to ourselves & our passengers to put the trade firmly back in the hands of the Driver workforce. It is our duty to ourselves to ensure GOA’s Taxi Trade WILL NOT be sold off to the privileged few, and we owe to all of our passengers simply because they deserve it. Download GOAMILES Driver App & we will keep you updated with all new developments As GOAMILES evolves, you will hear about it.
Remember, GOAMILES is not for sole profit, so it can only work with the backing of its drivers and passengers. Please, spread the word, we see it as our duty to the travelling public to provide them with the safest and most reliable transport option in GOA . As far as technology goes, no one knows what will descend on us next, but at least we’ll be ready. What is achieved now could play a crucial role in cementing our place in the market as well as laying the foundations for future generations of the best taxi service not only in India but all over in the world.
We now have something we have never had before, our own App that is in line with local Goan taxi drivers & wont charge drivers anything at all. Moreover it will give multiple income as we breach the GAP of Tourist/s Passengers multiple time’s need with taxi drivers . This is local Goan Taxi App Service which can be used by local Goan People and also Businesses in State of GOA for their Daily Commute.
Our key Terms & Conditions are as follows:
• We do not charge for booking
• We do not revenue share from Driver Earnings
• Passengers are charged for their conveyance of booking taxi
• All Duties are commission free
• Membership to GOAMILES is for FREE
• You need to comply to GOA Government Rules & regulations to get Enrolled, That’s IT…
We take the conduct of our drivers very seriously and we always expect them to behave in a reasonable manner. At all times we expect our drivers to:
• Strictly Adhere to the dress code as designated
• Be courteous and professional to all our customers and members of the public
• Act in a manner that is not likely to bring GOAMILES into disrepute
• Presentable manner of cheerfulness
• Timely Pickup & Drop
• Communicate with Passengers in friendly manner
• Fulfil their commitments once they have accepted a GOAMILES Duty
• Face Disciplinary Action if not adhere to Timely Guidelines & Actioning it
• Give a Customer Experience that will make them avail our Services Again & Again & Again…
There is no membership fees/security deposits for registration for goamiles, just download, complete KYC & get started
Yes, you can cancel at any time. An intimation through email or deregistration link is good enough for cancelling the GOAMILES membership
We are in phase of opening saving accounts for all drivers without any minimum balance to get their hard earned money directly into their bank account
Any Smart phone with Android version 4.0+
For Cab profile no restriction, For particular driver as per RTO norms [ Max duty hrs ]
As of Now, Policy is flat, We will fine-tune this over the period of time. The policy for premium and peaks hours will be defined in next couple of months based on ground realities, and this will keep evolving.
No Show, INR 50 per cancellation
YES, INR 50 per cancellation
There is no restriction, each taxi shall be online for minimum 25 business day in the month, based on this performance index will be calculated. Individual may opt to have out station or personal duties when they are not in business.
This the scenario for operator, Agency can enrol new driver with interface given to them, this will be approved by our operation centre at Panaji/Margaon. Payment link will be of Vehicle profile created in the system. Means driver may be new, but business will be considered for the account registered during vehicle enrolment. In case of Re-Tagging of the vehicle to the new owner, he /she need to visit our helpdesk.
Current enrolment policy is for equal opportunities; we are working with GTDC to identify Value benefit to the professionals / operators with better performance. There will be annual ratings for Gold, Silver & Bronze operators derived from over all fleet size and performance. GOOD DRIVERS WILL BE BENEFITTED WITH REWARDS & BAD ONES WITH PENALTY
This will be as per the Government Regulatory Framework & We have plan to publish our rate as per, this will be strictly as per the norms put in by the government and will be appended in the mobile app as per..
T & C is being published along with the App release, Every Driver needs to read it and give acceptance for enrolment, this are quite friendly in nature and easily accepted by every individual person working as driver.
This is in the purview of Goa State Law & order department, however there will be help seeked for major location at the time of project launch. On case to case basis operator may seek help of police department as per the situation.
You will need to download and install the app. Open the App and ‘ALLOW’ us to send you Notifications including the OTP and ‘Access your Location’ when prompted. Enter your mobile number and tap ‘NEXT’. You will receive an SMS, enter the number and press ‘DONE’. Along with Mobile App, you will also require to register offline with your KYC (Know Your Customer) Registering is very quick and simple. We will need your vehicle details as well (RC Book, Driving License, Car Insurance, Tax registration etc..) You will need a photo of yourself, your address proof (PAN, AADHAR,PASSPORT)bill and the Consent form for your bank so that we can pay you. You may need to contact your nearest bank branch to get yourself a Bank registration KIT. Once you have completed your details we will need to verify your documents and then your App will be activated. If you are experiencing problems please email email@example.com and a member of the team will call to help you.
You will be required to call your passengers and send & receive data through the app. We recommend that you choose a phone plan that gives you a minimum of 200 minutes call time per month and at least 2GB of data per month, which is very cheaply available all over GOA, just make sure that you choose good telecom operator as all activities are being managed through Mobile app only
The first thing to do is check you have entered your details correctly (license details, email address and phone number. If you are still having trouble, send us an email with details of the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org or call back on given numbers below we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Once you have signed up we will verify your documents. You will receive a text from us when your App is active. This will take ANYTHING between 24 -48 working hours.
Please allow anything between 24-48 hours for the verification process. If you still haven’t received a text send us an email to email@example.com or call back on given support numbers and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Log into your driver App with your mobile number and press ‘GO ONLINE’ with your desired vehicle. If you would like to go unavailable tap ‘GO OFFLINE’ or ‘LOGOUT’.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the link or hit the App Store (Android & iOS) and search for GOAMILES
Please try the following:
• First ensure you are ‘ONLINE’
• Check your internet connection try accessing a website on your phone
• Check your location, try going to Google Maps or Apple Maps to see if your location matches your current position
• The most common reason why you may not be getting offers for a long period of time is due to a low demand at that given time and location
• If you still think there is a problem please contact us through the App. Select ‘Get in Touch’ and send an ‘Email’ explaining the issues you are having to email@example.com
If you are having trouble logging in to the App please try the following:
• Check you have entered the correct phone number
• Check for updates of the App in the App/Play store
• Uninstall current app and reinstall if there is no update available
• If you are still having trouble, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible
• Once you have been verified open the App and ‘GO ONLINE’ & circle searching for rides will be shown
• TRIP offers arrive with a sound notification
• If you have the App open on your phone the TRIP offer will appear on your home screen
• If you have the App running in the background you will receive a TRIP IN App notification message
• Tap this message and your App will open and you will be able to view the TRIP offer
• You will have the option to ‘ACCEPT’ or ‘REJECT’
• After 30 seconds, if no action is taken the TRIP will disappear
• If you accept the TRIP you will see the customer’s pickup address and location on the screen. Make your way to the customer. The customer can see where you are on their app as you approach them
• The TRIP details will either say DIGITAL PAYMENT or ‘Cash’. Digital payment means online payment, which would be prepaid by default, if not then”CASH”. Cash means they are going to pay you direct by cash or via your own credit card machine in your taxi.
• If you are going to be delayed please let the customer know. You can send an SMS from your journey details
• The customer will know where you are waiting. If you have tapped arrived too early or in a different location, or you are just unsure where the customer is, call the customer
• When the customer arrives, ensure you verify the name of the customer. You can see the name in the app. When confirmed, tap “START “ and head to the customer’s destination
• We would suggest not letting the customer vacate the taxi until you have confirmation that the payment has been successful
• At the destination tap ’END’. Before tapping ‘FINISH’ please check that you have finished the trip successfully & reached on the desired location
• If the customer is paying via ‘ONLINE’ no charges will be collected from him/her, and you will be shown Amount as “ZERO”, but if the mode of payment is non-digital then you need to collect cash and the figure would be prompted on screen
• If you have any problems please let us know by contacting us through the App. Select ‘Get in Touch’ and send an ‘Email’
• Passengers are given up to 5 minutes free waiting time, once customer is near your location the app would indicate like wise
• In App press “START” and ask the passenger for OTP
• You should only start your trip when your passenger boards the cab
If you’re asked to wait longer at the pickup please make sure the passenger is aware that the trip will be engaged after 5 minutes free waiting time, unless he/she cancels it.
The System will identify the fare and will calculate accordingly, as per the directions & Standards rate given by Transport Department of GOA. We will be in sync with Government rates hence no miscalculations of incorrect fare, plus we will make sure that fare are paid in prepaid so do not ask for extra money in what so ever manner form the passenger
If at the end of a journey you are unable to take payment e.g. the app may have frozen, You ran out of battery or any other scenario, then close the app from background and reopen. If you are not sure whether the transaction was successful, you can check your email for the TRIP receipt and/or check your TRIP history. If you are unsure you can use the ‘Get in Touch’ and ‘Email’ option from the app to contact us. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com or reach to the Driver Helpline numbers given below
If the passenger decides to add the destination when ordering or he changes the destination in between, the driver app will be prompted likewise with a special sound and would be directed with change in the direction, you need to keep tap on the app and new appended trip details will be shown on the Driver App. You will see this on the TRIP details. Otherwise the passenger will tell you on boarding.
Before a passenger gets in your taxi, you must verbally confirm their name matches the name on the TRIP to ensure you have the right passenger. This will also avoid non-payment and a passenger complaint. You can also double check by telling the passenger your name and making sure it’s the one they have on their app too.
If you are having trouble getting to the right pickup point, give the passenger a call. You can do this by tapping the phone icon on the TRIP details.
If you think the passenger is drunk and disorderly and you don’t want them in your cab, don’t get involved in any arguments, cancel the TRIP and let us know what happened.
Tap CONTACT >>HELP & or ‘Email’ to send us a message.
The first thing to do is let the passenger know as soon as possible. You can call them by tapping the phone icon on the TRIP details. Tell them that you need to cancel. Next cancel the TRIP .
When you get to the pick-up location the App will automatically send the passenger a message that you have arrived. It might be a good idea to give them a call too, so you are not kept waiting unnecessarily. If the pickup is at an unsafe location (e.g. a large intersection, etc) park somewhere more suitable close by and call the passenger.
If your think lost property belongs to a GOAMILES Customer please use the ‘Get in Touch’ then ‘Email’ to let us know so that we may contact the passenger concerned. We have slotted “LOST & FOUND” collection points across our KIOSKS in entire State of GOA, We can reconcile and ask passenger to get them collected after you have submitted it. HOW DO I LET YOU KNOW WHEN I HAVE A TRIP ON BOARD? Simply tap ”ONLINE” & App would know it’s own course of action for you to make busy by giving you trips.
If the traffic near you is too heavy to get to the pickup location quickly, just tap ‘REJECT’ when you get a TRIP offer and we’ll send it to the next nearest driver. And remember to go OFFLINE if you are unavailable as this helps us provide a better service to our customers.
There are 4 ways you can reach us…
• Use ‘Get in Touch’ then ‘Email’ from the App
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• GET IN TOUCH WITH US ON BELOW GIVEN NUMBERS
• Direct Message on Twitter @GOAMILES_GOA
• The wallet shows you the fare amount for each In-App ride completed on the App
• The monies in your wallet are paid without any processing fees and are commission free
• Cash TRIPS through the App are not included in your wallet & it’s reconciliation is done after your office hours are closed
Pre-book allows a customer to book in advance.
Pre-booked TRIPS will be offered to all drivers as they become available. If these are not covered they will be added to ‘Scheduled TRIPS ’ for drivers to browse and accept.
Scheduled TRIPS are pre-booked TRIPS that have not been allocated to a driver. Please feel free to view the ‘Scheduled TRIPS ’ and accept any TRIP that you are confident you will be able to cover. Tap the TRIP details and press ‘ACCEPT’.
Pre-booked TRIPS that you have accepted will remain on your home screen until they have been completed. To view to the TRIP details go to ‘MY JOURNEYS’ and select ‘PRE BOOKED’.
To view to the TRIP details go to ‘MY JOURNEYS’ and select ‘PRE BOOKED’. You will be able to contact the customer via SMS or phone from here.
Please think before accepting a pre-booked TRIP . Only accept if you are going to be able to complete the TRIP. IN case you cancel the already booked “PRE BOOK” trip, you will be charged with a penalty of cancelling , which would be more than the normal cancellation . To view to the TRIP details go to ‘MY JOURNEYS’ and select ‘PRE BOOKED’. You will be able to cancel the TRIP from here. If you are cancelling with less than 10 minutes until the pre-booked TRIP we ask that you contact the customer and apologise, giving the reasons why you have had to cancel. They will need to re-book to find an alternative taxi.
• We understand this can happen
• In the unlikely event this happens within 15 minutes of pickup, ensure you cancel the TRIP ASAP. The TRIP will be re-allocated to an alternative driver. If the TRIP is cancelled less than 10 minutes before the booked time the customer will be advised that the driver has cancelled and the TRIP will not be re-allocated. We closely monitor all our TRIPS to avoid abuse of the system
With pre-bookings, we ask you to send feedback via the app about the cancellation. Tap ‘Get in Touch’ and then ‘Email’ to send feedback.
• Pre-booked TRIPS cancelled 45 minutes before the pickup are reallocated. These will be offered to all drivers as a pre-book
• Pre-booked TRIPS cancelled with less than 45 minutes but more than 10 minutes prior to the pick-up time will be reallocated to another driver. These rides will be offered as a ‘NOW’ TRIP
• Pre-booked TRIPS cancelled less than 10 minutes before the pick-up time will NOT be reallocated due to their being no time available to find an alternative driver. The customer will receive a message saying their booking has been cancelled & as stated above it would be charged with heavy penalty to the driver
PRE-BOOK REMINDER You will receive a reminder message from GOAMILES 50 minutes before the pick-up time of any pre-booked TRIPS you have accepted.