The fort was actually just a vantage point equipped with strong walls and cannon stations to repulse invaders. A strong square shape built of laterite steep slope at the four corners rise up to the turrets where the cannons must have been readied to rain shot down on pesky invaders. The fort is said to have been built in 1705 by the Portuguese and a small chapel sits to the right of the entrance itself.
Another must-visit site is the Saptakoteshwar temple at Narve. which is dedicated to Lord Saptakoteshwara, an incarnation of Lord Shiva. There is an interesting story of this particular deity Lord Saptakoteshwar whose fortunes rose and fell with those of Goa. He was deity originally in a temple on Divar Island installed in that temple by the Kadamba kings. After Goa fell to the Sultans the deity was buried and later found and a temple constructed for it on Divar Island. It was moved to its present site after the temple on Divar island was destroyed. Shivaji ordered its renovation at its present site in 1688.
The zatraof Saptakoteshwar takes place in April.
* Due to Renovation of Mayem Lake area, Boating Facility is closed till further notice.
Total No. of Rooms - 17
Tariff will be updated shortly
( RE = Rear Side, F = Front side )
- For a child between 0 to 4 years there will be no charge.
- For a child aged between 5 and 12 years there will be a charge of Rs. 100/-.(no Breakfast and no Extra Mattress).
- This amount has to be paid directly at the residency and a copy of the booking voucher has to be carried while check in.
Luxury Tax (State Govt.)
SGST (State Govt.)
CGST (Central Govt.)
During the peak season from 24th December to 1st January, there will be 100% cancellation charges on all days of the booking undertaken (Non refundable), as against one day's cancellation for other period of season/off season.
The cancellation charges will be debited against one day’s advance only except curtailment period of stay in Hotel and group booking as follows:
- 25% when intimation is received 30 days or more in advance.
- 50% when intimation is received more than 3 days (72 hours) or more but less than 30 days in advance.
- 100% when intimation is received less than 3 days (72 hours) in advance.
- The above cancellation charges shall be applicable for other services such as tour, cruise, hall, packages, etc.
- To arrive at one day’s rent of the package, the total package amount may be divided by no. of days of the package.
Manager: Siddarth Dessai
Tel – (0832) 2362144
Mobile- (+91) 7887897529
Fax : +(91)-(832)-2438126