Guided birding day trips to 8 Premier Birding Hotspots in Goa
Goa accounts for about 5% of the birds found in the world and about half the birds found in India within a driving distance of 90 minutes from anywhere in Goa & the season of operation extends throughout the year with bird
sightings dependent on migration / breeding behavior.
Our team seeks to expose the traveler to the avian treasures of this State that is rich in
cultural, historical, biological and geological heritage. Illustrated below, are the
snapshots of the profiles of our guides on eBird.org for Goa. Our guides are amongst the
top 5 eBirders in the State with enviable credentials and therefore we can confidently
assure you that you are birding with the best!
754, Greenhouse, Opp Clergy Home, Alto Porvorim, Bardez GOA 403521
Mobile & Whatsapp: +91-7588927753
1. Bookings have to be done in advance either through our website, or transfer by NEFT to our bank account or by cash deposit in our bank account. The best option for foreign clients is to pay through the payment
portal on our website or through PayPal.
2. The rates listed on the brochures are without the GST. The GST amount will be added to this amount at 5% for the boat trip and 18% for other trips.
3. Client ID details have to be furnished at the time of booking.
4. Bank and other transfer charges are exclusive to the price. Charges incurred by us towards receiving payments have to be borne by the customer.
1. Avocet Peregrine have an unflinching respect and concern for the birds and other wildlife. Therefore, we do not do or encourage calls or any kind of baiting. We request our clients to kindly respect this.
2. Clients are advised not to use flash while photographing birds.
3. For night birding, the client needs to come with a torch with suitable lumens, which the guide will handle during the photography. We do not provide torches for shooting and therefore not
responsible for the photographic output quality.
4. Clients are advised not disturb birds or shoo them to capture flight shots or to chase elusive /shy birds. The best practice is to leave the birds to themselves and proceed to the next bird.
5. Avocet Peregrine reserves the right to abort the trip at any moment if ethical birding practices described above are breached. No refund will be given for the balance uncompleted part of the trip.
6. Clients are requested not to disturb nests of birds when encountered during the trips.
1. Clients are advised to conduct themselves in well behaved manner at the stays provided and during the trips. Any kind of misbehavior will be not tolerated and the trip can be aborted and criminal
proceedings may be initiated based on the gravity of the misdemeanors. No refund will be given for the balance uncompleted part of the trip.
2. Clients are advised to follow the laws of the land and including the rules regarding smoking, drinking, littering etc especially in forests and while on the road.
3. Clients damaging the properties of Avocet Peregrine or at the stays will be liable to pay the damages involved irrespective of the intent.
1. Clients are advised to wear protective footwear while birding to avoid being bitten by venomous snakes.
2. Clients are advised to protect them selves adequately with clothing and insect repellant especially with respect to forest ticks.
3. Clients are advised to wear protective boots specially when venturing into water bodies or loose cobbles or during night birding trips. Clients are also advised about a clear and present danger of drowning or
crocodile attacks while birding close to water bodies.
1. The trip pick up and drop locations are outside Paryatan Bhavan of Goa Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. For any other location, the transportation charges as applicable need to be paid.
2. All incidental expenses on the day trips such as refreshments including breakfast, lunch etc, forest entry trips, and local guide and hide charges; toll, etc are on the account of the client.
3. The charges are time based and not based on any other parameter.
4. Sightings cannot be assured since bird behaviors are unpredictable. The objectives of our trips are to take our clients to the hotspots where frequencies of sightings are high and this can be verified
through our trip reports on eBird.
1. What is the recommended attire?
Earth colors of dull green / brown with preferably full length boots at all locations except morjim beach.
2. What can I carry with me?
You should carry Binoculars, Guide book, Camera for better experience.
3. Are there any risks on trip?
4. What is excluded from package?
Package does not include Forest entry tickets, Meals, Parking fees, Ferry fees.
5. Will meals be provided?
Package does not include meal but meal will be made available at reasonable prices at clean restaurants / eateries in adjoining villages.
6. What whould be the mode of birding?
Mode of birding will eirther be walking, motoring, cycling or boating.
7. How much distance does each location cover?
All locations have different walking distance
8. Where is the pickup point?
Pickup will be from Paryatan Bhavan Patto Panaji for all the destinations.
9. What will be the pickup time?
10. Where is the drop point?
Drop will be at Paryatan Bhavan Patto Panaji from all the destinations.
11. What will be the drop time?
12. Is there any alternate vehicle available? if yes then what is the price?
Yes, alternate vehicle MUV is available which includes the stop and go birding i.e you can ask the vehicle driver to stop at any point for taking pictures and so on.
2020 © All Rights Reserved | Website Maintained by Goa Electronics Limited
Last Updated: 16 Apr 2021