Featured Recipe June - 2016
Credits - Destination One, Calangute
Ingredients : (used american measuring cup, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 250 ml thick coconut milk (the first extract of coconut milk),
- 6 egg yolks (keep the whites for making cake Or marzipan),
- 175 gms refined flour,
- ½ cup ghee at room temperature(clarified butter) + 1 tbsp ghee for bibinca batter,
- 200 gms sugar Or as required (I prefer less sweet),
- 1 t/s nutmeg powder,
- 1 t/s cardamom powder,
- Few flaked almonds (I haven't used),
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence (optional),
- A pinch of salt.
- Preheat oven to 180°C exactly fifteen mins before baking. Grease a round tin Or loaf pan with 2 tbsp ghee.
- Take a mixing vessel combine coconut milk and sugar. With the help of electric beater beat until sugar dissolves.
- Add one egg yolk at a time and beat until they all mix nicely.
- Now add flour, 1 tbsp ghee and salt. Beat all nicely.
- Pour ½ cup of batter and bake for 25 mins.
- Now spread some ghee over it with the help of brush. Sprinkle little cardamom powder and vanilla essence is using.
- Bake again for fifteen mins. Again spread ghee, cardamom powder and vanilla essence.
- Continue greasing and baking with ½ cup batter until all batter is finished. Bake each layer for fifteen minutes.
- For the last batter spread ghee, sprinkle, cardamom, nutmeg and vanilla essence if using. Add flaked almonds if using now. Bake the last layer for 20-22 mins.
- Allow to cool completely. Unmould the pan gently with a tap from behind. Slice bibinca and serve warm Or cold with a dollop of icecream.